Monday, March 16, 2009

Lots of Updates

It's been a long time since my last post. I am not so good at this working full time as it's taking away all my play time. Here are some pictures from the past month to catch you up on what been happening in our lives.



During February, Maddy & Mark attended the Father Daughter Dance at St. Mikes. This was the first year Maddie had Dad all to herself. Victoria had an indoor soccer game, so she didn't go this year.


Victoria's 7th grade Basketball team won 2nd place in tournament. They lost to the only team that beat them during the regular season in the league.

We brought home two new furry friends from the Humane Society. The little one, Peaches, had a rough start and had to spend some time at the vet, but is doing wonderful now. Sophie was scared at first, but she too has come out of her shell and is enjoying all the attention. Today I noticed they were sleeping together and cleaning each other, so I think they will be good friends too. Here is a picture of Peaches. Yes, she has a hard life here at the Shand home.



Here is a picture of Sophie. She is very well behaved, unlike her partner :)





Maddy's class performed Mass.

This past weekend was also the Boy Scout Pine Wood Derby. It was a long afternoon, 3 hours!! Alex was second in his den, so he will be moving on to the next level. I'm not sure who was happier, Alex or Mark, LOL!!

Today, I received the latest copy of Scrapbooking & Beyond. I was lucky enough to get a page published!!

Well, I think that is enough for now. I completed a couple of scrapbook pages, but I'll save those for the next post.

4 comments:

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

What's this I read...you are working again? Your new kitties are adorable...and your page is amazing...I do remember seeing that before - loved all those brads :) Hope all is wel with you!

Jen said...

Look at your new fur babies...they are so cute! Congrats again on the pub! That's totally awesome!

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

Hey there Karen, you've been TAGGED! Check out my blog for the details! :)

Jen said...

You are just way to busy these days! Miss chattin' with you!

Wanted to stop by and wish you a very Happy Easter! I hope you are having a lot of fun today with your cute little family.

Hugs,

Jen