Welcome to the second stop on the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog Luv bug weekend Sweet for my Sweet Challenge. I kept my project short & sweet,LOL, which means you could easily make these for your kids classrooms, teacher gifts, your own kids, etc.
Here is my project, complete with instructions, just in case you want to make one for your sweetheart :)
1. Take a piece of 5 ½ by 4 1/8 inch piece of pattern paper and fold in half. I used a piece of red with polka dots from Scrappin’ Sports & More new Game Day line.
2. Using the Valentine Sizzix folder, run one end and then the other through the Cuttlebug to emboss. Make sure that you can read the word Valentine from both sides.
3. Lightly sand the embossed design for more depth.
4. Using the 2-step heart #1 Cuttlebug Dies, cut the solid heart from red Prism cardstock and the outline heart from white Prism cardstock. Ink the outline heart with ColorBox warm red chalk ink from Clearsnap, Inc. Adhere to the upper right hand side of the tag.
5. Using the Alpha Typewriter Cuttlebug Dies, cut out the words BE MY using black Prism cardstock. Adhere just above the word Valentine, overlapping the hearts.
6. Using Glossy Accents by Ranger Inc., add 4 white rhinestones to the ends of each swirl.
7. Take a 4” by 5” clear bag to hold the candies, or in this case chocolate covered pretzels. I used a bag that was over some self-adhesive woven labels from Colorbox; it’s a great way to go green!
8. Using a strong tape adhesive, I used the permanent adhesive from Tombo, adhere the tag top to the bag of sweets.
Okay, now it's time for your next word for your quote....the word you need is "Cord". If you want to find the next word and see another great project, hop on over to Becky's Blog. If your having trouble putting the quote together, you can find a clue over at Meda's blog. Thanks for playing along.
Don't forget about the prizes....For gathering all the words for the quote in the blog Hop: Prize Package includes Marvy Uchida, PapersInkadinkado Stamp set and Uhu Glue sets. Be sure and check out the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog all weekend for fabulous projects and more prizes!!
Friday, January 30, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
This was my first week to participate in the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog as a DT member. We were given this wonderful Page Map card sketch by Becky Fleck. For this card I used the Cuttlebug circles, the Cuttlebug flower and the Harmony font dies. I also created a second card using the same wonderfule Becky Fleck sketch and some Scrappin' Sports & More papers along with the Red Tag Sale Cuttlebug Alphabet. TFL To see what the rest of the Amazing DT came up with, visit the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog.
Friday, January 16, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
I finished up another layout yesterday using the back of the Sports on Fire Football paper. These were the first pictures I got of Alex being all padded up last year for football. Just more proof that he is growing up Way Too Fast!!!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Friday, January 9, 2009
It was announced today that I am going to be a Design Team member on the Cuttlebug Challenge blog. I mean who doesn't like to work with Cuttlebug Products. My favorite has got to be the Red Tag Sale alphabet. I use this on nearly every layout I create these days. The Cuttlebug Challenge blog will have weekly challenges and some fun DT challenges, tutorials...with changes to win some prizes. So stop on by....what are you waiting for??
On another note...above are a couple of layouts I created with the new Game Day release from Scrappin' Sports & More. These papers are being released at CHA and shipping next month. Don't you love the dots??? Each page has a different color and the line mixes and matches perfectly. It also matches Prism cardstock. Woo Hoo....my favorite.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Today I picked up the new paper from Scrappin' Sports & More. WOW...the new Game Day line is wonderful. I can't wait to start playing. The backs are so versatile, I mean who doesn't like polka dots!! Anyway, here are a couple of layouts I finished over the weekend. I realized after completing Maddy's page at the Little Red Schoolhouse, that I still need to do pages for Victoria and Alex when they went! Add it to my never ending list of projects :) Okay...gotta get started on the new lines :)
Monday, January 5, 2009
Woo Hoo have you heard the news? Helmar is now selling their adhesives in the US. If you have not tried them, you are really missing out. While I do love the adhesive runner, my FAVORITE product is the Premium Craft Glue. If you want a chance to win this great product, check out the Helmar blog!
Sunday, January 4, 2009
I was able to create a couple more pages using the new Sports on Fire line from Scrappin' Sports & More...these papers should be printing soon for release at CHA Winter show in Anaheim. Speaking of the show....I AM GOING!!! Woo Hoo....I have never been west of Dallas, so I am very excited to make it all the way out West. I will be there for 5 nights, hopefully Mark survives at home. LOL
Okay, back to Sports on Fire, these papers were just test paper so the official ones will be a little different. First of all, they won't have the glossy finish and second they will be 2-sided with the words written in the fire color on the back. We are hoping to get these this week to design with. We are also getting the new line....it is my favorite!! Can't wait to get my hands on it.