Monday, September 22, 2008

An altered item & more sports photos :)























Victoria had a great run on Saturday morning, coming in 16th in the 7th & 8th girls grade 2-mile run and 2nd for St. Michaels School. We don't have her official time, but we know she was in the 13 minute time frame. Her team also played their best soccer game Saturday. They totally dominated the first half with at least 20 shots on goal and would you believe, not one went in. We ended in a 2-2 tie, but I was extremely proud of the team. Victoria played 60 of the 70 minute game, which is good since the high school girls coach was watching the entire game. Maddie's team did great this weekend too. They had their first win Saturday, over a team we haven't beat in the past two years. (I really love that we beat them because they have an obnoxious coach who yells all the time. Nothing worse that a woman screaming on the sideline) She scored her first goal of the season too. I saw her score, but no picture :( Sunday Maddie's team ended in a 5-5 tie, but I missed the game because Alex was playing at the same time. Mark said they all played great. His team won their football game on Sunday, so it was a great sports weekend.

On the scrappin' side, I finished up an altered wooden star ornament for Victoria's room. It is about 7" tall. I wasn't sure I was liking it at first, but I like how it came together in the end.

3 comments:

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

I think it turned out GREAT and the papers were perfect for the photos :)

Jen said...

SUPER job with the altered star Karen! FAB!

Anonymous said...

Amazing sports photos, Karen! You were made for Scrappin' Sports :) And that star... WOW! I can't say enough how much I love it! Great job!!!