Monday, March 10, 2008

Boy Scouts




Alex's car...Goldrunner






I am so glad that Mark decided to step up and be Alex's den leader. The past couple of years, the boys rarely met outside the pack meeting, which aren't always the best part of being a scout. This past month, Mark's den was together at least 4 times, plus Blue & Gold banquet and yesterday Pine Wood Derby races. So much more fun for the boys. We have a couple of other Dad's in the den that have really stepped up to help out as well. So, yesterday was a good day for Alex. After last years disappointing race, he came in 3rd for his den. He doesn't qualify to go on to the next level, but he was very happy winning his trophy this year. Amazing what those things can do for a young boys mood. The layout above is from Boy Scout camp this past summer. Alex couldn't wait to shoot BB Guns. Mark bought them both Airsoft Guns and they practice in the basement all the time. I noticed the other day, one of my candles had been used as target practice. Boys!!! or is it Men???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like he had a blast! I know my son did! It is such a great thing for the boys at this age to be involved in scouting...I am glad your son is having a good experience with it!

I hope you have wonderful trip! I look forward to seeeing all the pictures that you will scrap when you return.