Monday, June 9, 2008

Another Busy Weekend






Where do the days go??? On Friday, the girls and I, headed down to NB to see my niece at her dance recital. We stayed a little late to visit, which was good, because if we hadn't we would have come back to town just in time for the tornado sirens to be set off. Luckily no major damage in town and the one tornado that "touched down" at the airport was unconfirmed. Still a bit scary to have them go off two weeks in a row.

It was a BIG day for Victoria on Friday. Mark and I gave her an early birthday present, a cell phone with unlimited text, it is also a MP3 player. She sent several hundred this weekend already!!! The good thing for us....she does anything we ask without complaint, she doesn't want to loose that phone for even a day.

Saturday was a bit more laid back. Mark and Alex had a cub scout car wash. Victoria went along, but spent the entire time texting me! After that, it was off to the pool for a couple of hours. Then, Mark & I, went out to eat with friends. A new Indian restaurant opened in town and Mark was dying to try it out. He ordered goat!!! No way am I eating goat.

Sunday, Mark & Victoria served at 10:00 mass then we all went out to eat. Afterwards we headed up to the Cathedral in Toledo, where Maddie received her Family of God award (girl scouts). It was HOT, MUGGY....so Mark took the kids off to the pool and I spent a couple of hours at home scrapbooking. Yeah :)

Almost forgot...I got the latest issue of Stamping, Stationery & Scrapbooking in the mail on Saturday. They published a soccer layout that I created for Scrappin' Sports & More. The original request was for 3 of my layouts, but only 1 made the final cut :(

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you used the flame paper!!! totally fabulous camping layout!!!!

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

Super LO - I was working yesterday too....hopefully I can finish up and share soon :)

Anonymous said...

Super layouts Karen...love the camping one! it's totally awesome! You are so talented!

Wow...her first cell ....I bet she was on cloud 9!

Anonymous said...

So hard to believe that Victoria is old enough to have a cell phone! Don't let Rylan get any ideas when he stays at your place :) He's been begging for one for a year now! Again... LOVE your camping layout - I just love that sun in the dot! And kudos to getting published! Hey - one is better than none!