Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge Blog Be Inspired #18

Good morning everyone :) If you've joined me from the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog...Welcome to my cyber home. This weeks challenge was to make a shaped embossed card. I chose to use some of the goodies I received in class at CHA from Imaginisce. Here is the card I came up with for the Cuttlebug Challenge....Don't you just love that little bird :)

Here are the products that I used for this card...
Cuttlebug Leafy Branch Embossing Folder & Small Circle Die (approximately 1 1/4 inch)
Papers, Stamp & rub-ons are all from the Imaginisce Twitterpated collection.
Font...Sizzix Wingo Zingo alphabet
Chalk Ink..Color Box Blush Rose, Ice Blue & Ice Jade

Following is a brief explanation of how I put this card together...it's actually really easy to do. First of all, I started with a white card base 5 1/2 inches square. I used a bowl to trace a circle, but leaving about 2 1/4 inches in tact at the top of the card. I then cut the same circle out of the dark peach cardstock and embossed it with the Cuttlebug Leafy Branch Embossing folder. The next step is to cut your circles, ink if desired and place them around the edge of your white card circle, overhanging by approximately 3/8 of an inch.


The next step is to cut a strip of patterned paper 5 1/2 inches long by 2 inches wide. Adhere to the embossed dark peach cardstock. Adhere this to the base card, trim the edges to match the curve of the card and ink edges, if desired. It should now look like this :)
Next, I applied the rub-ons over edges of the patterned paper. Punch a 2 ¾ inch circle from white cardstock and ink edges with Ice Blue chalk ink. Adhere to right side of card on the patterned paper. Punch a scallop out of patterned paper. Stamp the bird using Stazon Black Ink and fill in using colored pencils. Adhere to the white circle using the foam squares. Using the Wingo Zingo Sizzix alphabet, cut out title from black cardstock and adhere to card front.

Thanks everyone for taking a peek at my blog :) For more Fabulous cards...please stop by the other Cuttlebug Challenge DT Member blogs

14 comments:

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Adorable card.

Allison said...

and yes i do just love that little bird, great card, love the shape
AllisonX

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!!

Mrs J said...

Such a cute card Karen, and an especially cute bird! Love the shape and how you made the scalloped border - I'll definitely be trying that one out!
Hugs Mrs Jx

Eva said...

OK, this is just adorable!!!! Love how you created your shape and I just got that little birdie stamp! I am inspired now...

Karen said...

Such a sweet little flower shaped card Karen. The little birdie and sentiment is so fitting and love those vines and flowers across!!

Lea L. said...

This is such a sweet card...I love the little birdie! I love how you did your scalloped circle too! Awesome job with the challenge this week!

~Lea

Becky G said...

tally adorable and yes, I do love that little bird! What a cutie!

Hugs~Becky

Jenn K said...

Love this little Birdie!! This card is So Tweet!!

Anonymous said...

Karen...it's a great card! Love the birdie and what a cool shape!

Hugs

~Spike

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

That's adorable Karen :D tfs

Meda said...

Birdies are among my fave motifs at this time. Thank you for the border tutorial.

Cheryl said...

Very cute idea!

Jen said...

So "tweet" Karen! way cute! I love that folder!