Friday, February 22, 2008

Change




Today I decided it was time for a change, so I let my stylist be creative on my hair. It is much blonder than I thought it would be...but I really like the cut. She wanted to cut it like Victoria Beckum, but I couldn't go quite that short in the back. My kids, well they didn't share my feelings on the new style...here's what I heard today...Victoria..Is your hair white?, Madalyn...I guess it looks okay....and Alex...It looks dumb. I mean it really looks stupid. I'm just telling the truth....it looks really stupid. (repeat about 8 more times) Alex does not like change and that includes Mom's hair. I did get an apology tonight at bedtime from Alex..he was feeling a bad for what he said.


On another note tonight was the boy scout Blue & Gold banquet...it was nice, but a little long @ 2 1/2 hours. Alex was excited to receive his Wolf badge. Mark was sporting his new official den leader shirt. It's good that the two of them are involved in something together. Tomorrow it's time to gear up for the pine wood derby and get started on Alex's car.


Last night I finally took a scrapbook class led by my friend Andrea. I have been telling her for months now that I wanted to take a class, but kid activities always seem to get in the way. She is such a talented teacher/designer, so very creative. I really enjoyed the class and it was great to see her again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH Karen...I think your "change" looks good...cute cut and who could go wrong with going a bit blonder :)

The class sounds fun...where are your creations?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your new do! What do kids know about style anyway :) lol So glad you were able to attend the class. Was good to see you again, too!

Anonymous said...

aaah boys, what do they know? :)
I LOVE your new do too so don't listen to your son on this one! :)
love the color, the cut - it's adorable!!!!

Unknown said...

I love your hair!!!