Sunday, February 10, 2008

Counting My Blessings

We had a very busy weekend, with dances, basketball games, birthday parties..... It seems strange that after what has happened again to our town, that we get to go about life as if nothing happened. We are so fortunate, so blessed. Not so for some of those in our town. The gas company has turned off their gas due to the flood and the temperature has bottomed out. They will not turn the gas back on until they can have it inspected and prove it is safe. We had a high today of just 12 degrees F, a low tonight of -3 F is predicted. But the wind is what is making it miserable outside, we are experiencing 20-30 mph winds bringing the wind chill down to -10 to -15 degrees F. So, hug your family and thank God for all you blessings, and say a pray for those less fortunate.

On a brighter note, we had a great weekend. Victoria won her basketball game, the Father Daughter Dance was a big success, Alex got First Place in a photography contest, I got to go on a "date" with my son, we all got to visit with my entire family today to celebrate 3 birthdays. Life is good....we are blessed.

One last thing, here is a layout totally inspired by my friend, Carrie. I broke out the buttons, even added to my stash, and came up with this layout of my kiddo's from a few years back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Friend!!! Sounds like a wonderful weekend! My thoughts have been with the folks over in Findlay!!

You GO with those buttons!!! This 2 page spread is AWESOME!!!! Lovin' all the buttons and brads and adorable pictures and fun paper and those flourishes are amazing!!! Love this! :)

Anonymous said...

I miss experiencing all the "business" firsthand with the Shand family! Love, love, love your spread. You should see all of the buttons here at CHA!

Jen said...

Wow...what a crazy experience you have been through...I hope the gas gets back on safe.

Super cute layout Karen! Love the buttons and the photos really make the layout...way too cute!